The AES Experience
What is it like to be a student in the Advanced Energy Systems Group?
Students in the AES group specialize in a wide array of multidisciplinary areas including advanced energy conversion and storage, alternative fuels and renewable energy. Research in the AES group integrates the disciplines of thermodynamics, heat transfer, fluid mechanics, transport phenomena and chemical engineering to solve problems and make advances through experiments and computational modeling. The following are examples of courses that AES grad students take:
Notes for Applicants
Positions are available in both M.Sc. and Ph.D. levels on the availability of funds. Admission is usually granted along with full financial assistance. Under special circumstances, we do also consider very competent self-funded applicants. If you have external funding, admission is possible if you meet the minimum requirements of the School of Engineering, as well as my research group, and your area and background are deemed suitable for my current research projects. To qualify you must:
- Be of great character, organized, and motivated
- Have a degree from an internationally well-known institution with a high GPA
- Have a strong background in the general area of heat transfer and fluid flow
- Have experimental, analytical, and computational skills
- Have a strong interest in producing publishable results
- The ideal candidate will have a GRE of >315 with a writing score of 4.0 or better. In addition, international students should have a TOEFL score of at least iBT 105 with a minimum of 24 in each category
For other requirements, important information on how to apply, and the details of application procedure, please check: Grad Admissions
If you think you meet the above requirements, please send your resume (in MS Word or pdf formats) to me. In your resume, please indicate if you hold, have applied for, or plan to apply for any funding or scholarship .
Students holding national or international academic scholarships are encouraged to apply at any time for graduate research positions.
Important Notice: I will contact you only if I need further information.